Wondering how you can support the campaign for U.S. ratification of the “Disability Treaty” (more formally known as the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, CRPD) during the government shut down? Here are a few ideas of things you can do while waiting:
- Ask all your friends and family to sign the petition from Handicap International in support of the CRPD at http://www.handicap-international.us/support_the_disability_treaty
- Ask organizations you know to sign on in support of the CRPD at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/963035/Tell-the-U-S-Senate-your-Organization-Supports-the-Ratification-of-the-CRPD and/or ask organizations to write letters to Senators. (Not sure if your organization has signed on yet? Check the list at http://usicd.org/template/page.cfm?id=252)
- Educate people you know about the CRPD using resources at http://bit.ly/Resources4CRPD and http://disabilitytreaty.org
- Sign up for U.S. International Council on Disabilities (USICD)’s CRPD action alert mailing list. Go to this page http://usicd.org/index.cfm/crpdupdates and then hit the logo in the upper right hand corner.
- “Like” the RatifyCRPD Facebook page and consult it regularly for more ideas of things you can do to support the CRPD.