Student and Campus Leaders for the “Disability Treaty”!
Be Part of a Historic Movement!
- You can make a difference for one billion people with disabilities around the world!
- Please join the national advocacy effort for U.S. ratification of the “Disability Treaty”, called the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)! Learn about the treaty at http://disabilitytreaty.org.
- It has been a long, challenging campaign. We are now in the final stretch. YOUR help NOW could make the difference.
Lend Your Idealism and Energy!
- Campus and student leaders are a key source of idealism, energy and spirit. You or your student organization can help mobilize others to take action!
- One of the lead organizations in the CRPD ratification campaign is the U.S. International Council on Disabilities (USICD). We building a stronger network of advocates at colleges across the United States.
- We want to help you connect with each other. You can exchange ideas for how YOU can engage YOUR campus community. Help mobilize people to make more phone calls to Senators supporting the CRPD!
Join the National Call!
- Join our next national teleconference phone call for campus and student leaders!
- Make sure you are on our mailing list to be notified of all future calls for campus/student leaders. Contact Andrea Shettle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next call will be on Thursday, November 21, 2013, at 4pm EST (3pm Central Time, 1pm Pacific Time).
- Learn what others have been doing to mobilize people to call or email Senators! Exchange ideas for what YOU can do.
- This national call will be on the same day as the second hearing on the CRPD in the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee! We will update you on the hearing during the call! Learn more about this hearing at http://eepurl.com/ISGAD.
- Communicate with Andrea Shettle for dial-in information to join the call.
- Deaf participants usually dial in via video relay service. But please let me know at email@example.com if you need alternate accommodations.
What Else Can You Do?
- Sign and disseminate the CRPD support petition for youth and students at http://bit.ly/Youth4CRPD!
- Campus and student leaders also can organize themselves via Facebook at http://facebook.com/Students4CRPD.
- People of all ages can learn more about the CRPD and how to take action at http://disabilitytreaty.org.
- Circulate this notice among other campus and student leaders across the U.S.!