- During this call, we will share updates on the Disability Treaty campaign. Participants can also exchange ideas on how to keep the effort going during winter break!
- This call will be facilitated by Rhonda Neuhaus, who represents the Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF). Joining her will be Andrea Shettle at the U.S. International Council on Disabilities (USICD).
- These calls are for students and others at U.S. universities and colleges who want to help mobilize their campus community to take action in support of the Disability Treaty!
When is the Next Call?
- The next call will be on Wednesday, December 18, 2013, at 4 pm EST (3 pm Central Time, 1 pm Pacific Time).
- Another call will be held on Tuesday, January 28, 2014, at 4 pm EST (3 pm Central Time, 1 pm Pacific Time.)
- Need the dial-in information for these calls? Please contact Andrea Shettle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t join the December call? Ask me for a summary.
- Deaf participants usually use video relay service to join these calls. But please alert me if you will need other accommodations such as CART.
Who Are We?USICD and DREDF are two of the lead organizations in the national movement for US ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD, aka “Disability Treaty”). We are in a coalition of more than 800 disability, veterans, faith, business, and civil rights organizations who share the same goal of CRPD ratification in the U.S. Please join this exciting and historic grassroots movement!
- Please sign and disseminate the student/youth CRPD support petition at http://bit.ly/Youth4CRPD!
- Also, find information and materials on the Disability Treaty at http://disabilitytreaty.org. The Action Center at this website makes it easier to call or email Senators.
In Addendum …P.S. In addition to leading the national effort for U.S. ratification of the CRPD, USICD also coordinates an internship program for students and recent graduates with disabilities who aspire to careers in international development or international affairs. We are now accepting applications for the Youth in International Development and Affairs (YIDA) internship program until January 29, 2014. Learn more about this program and how to apply at http://usicd.org/template/page.cfm?id=257