Help bring attention to the “Disability Treaty” (Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, CRPD)! We need the U.S. to ratify this important international human rights treaty protecting the civil rights of 1 billion people with disabilities worldwide. Sign up your Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr account NOW to join the next “Thunder Clap It” for the CRPD at http://thndr.it/1ky8p97 !
What’s A “Thunder Clap It”?
A “Thunder Clap It” is when 100 or more people sign on their Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr account to all send out the same message at the same time to all their followers. To participate, you need to sign up in advance. The next CRPD “Thunder Clap It” will be at 2pm EST on June 10, 2014 (1pm Central Time, 11am Pacific Time). Sign up BEFORE this time or you will miss the Thunder Clap.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Go to this link: http://thndr.it/1ky8p97
- A message will ask you to share a message to support the #CRPD.
- You will find three buttons—one each for Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. You need to have an account in at least one of these three in order to participate.
- Click on whichever button is appropriate. You will have an opportunity to personalize your message to your followers.
- Hit the “Add My Support” button.
- If you have successfully signed up, then you should appear at the top of the list of “Recent Supporters” in the right hand side bar. Refresh the page if needed.
Learn more about the CRPD and other ways to help at http://disabilitytreaty.org. Sign up for the CRPD “action alert” mailing list at the link! Ask your friends to do the same!