What Are They Waiting For?
- Nearly two-thirds of all Americans support it.
- 50 percent of Republicans support it, with only 32% opposed.
- 61 percent of Independent voters support it.
- 83 percent of Democrats support it.
- (Source: http://bit.ly/DisabilityPoll2014)
Why Hasn’t the U.S. Senate Ratified the Disability Treaty?
- The Disability Treaty, called the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), is an important international agreement among countries to defend the civil rights of 1 billion people with disabilities around the world.
- More than 150 countries have ratified it—but not the United States. S. Senators have been listening to fringe groups who use misinformation and lies to advance their anti-treaty agenda.
- Please tell Senators that landslide majority of Americans like YOU support the CRPD. The Action Center at http://disabilitytreaty.org will give you phone numbers for your Senators and a suggested script for talking with them.
- Learn the basics about the treaty at http://bit.ly/CRPD1Pager and http://bit.ly/CRPDmyths.
- Find more ideas for taking action at http://bit.ly/ActionCRPD!